I just love making cupcakes, and here is a cute idea for Easter.
Growing up in an Italian household Easter celebrations start on Good Friday, and Easter was and still is just as important as Christmas and is celebrated equally in the same way.
Carrot Cup Cakes by your Editor Virginia Jeeves and bought to you by New World Whakatane.
I am all about Carrot Cake it has to be one of my favourites, and it has to have a good dollop of cream cheese, there are so many different recipes around the world, but this is one I am sure the easter bunny will enjoy.
• ½ cup of walnuts, toasted – optional
• ¼ cup of sultanas – optional
• 1 ½ cups of grated carrots
• 2 large eggs
• ½ cup of milk
• 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
• 1 ½ cups of sugar
• ½ cup of olive oil
• Zest of an orange
• 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder
• ½ teaspoon of baking soda
• 3 heap spoons of golden syrup
• Cupcake liners
1. Toast your walnuts in a non-stick pan until golden.
2. Place cupcake liners in cupcake tins, pre-heat oven to 180.c
3. Place all ingredients except the milk, golden syrup, and baking soda, into a large dish, mix well with a wooden spoon, warm milk, and golden syrup together in a pot, remove from stove and stir in the baking soda, then pour over the mixture. Gently mix through – do not over mix, and then place spoonful of the mixer into the cupcake liners. Bake for approx. 20 minutes.
1 cup of butter, 250g of cream cheese, 2 cups of icing sugar, zest of a lemon and juice of half a lemon. Mix until combined, you can add more lemon juice if you wish, but you need to balance this out with more icing sugar if the icing does not remain nice and thick. So, keep some spare icing sugar on the side.
To make mini carrots.
Add some orange food colouring to some fondant icing and some green food colouring to make leaves and shape. Place on top of the mini cupcakes.