• 1 sachet of Yeast
• 1 ½ cups warm water
• ½ teaspoon caster sugar
Mix and allow to proof
for 20 minutes:
In a large dish place the following
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup of self-raising flour
• ¼ cup of oil
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• Baking powder
Dyeing the eggs:
Place 10 drops of food colouring into one cup of water mix and place eggs one at a time, remove once the egg is coloured and allow to dry.
Next, mix the bread ingredients and then proof for 20 minutes.
With a fork lightly beat two egg whites and set aside; this does not need to be mixed until the dough has risen.
Once the yeast has proofed;
Mix into the dry mixture and knead the dough.
1. Turn over onto a floured surface work the dough and place back in the dish, cover and place in a warm area to rise.
2. Once the dough has risen heat the oven to 180oC fan-forced, place the dough once risen onto a floured surface, roll the dough making a long roll shape. Cut this into three, plait the dough and form a circle.
3. Place the dough onto some baking paper and press eggs gently around the top of the mixture.
4. Brush with egg wash and bake for approx. 30-40 minutes