But then again, I say that about every pasta dish I have!
• 1 packet of whole wheat linguine or spaghetti
• 5 TBSP Extra Virgin olive oil
• 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 cans crushed tomatoes
• Handful of fresh basil
• 2 kg fresh mussels – cooked in the white wine. *Only use the mussels that have opened. Reserve the juice from the mussels for the sauce.
• 1 cup dry white wine
• 1 tsp chilli flakes
• ¼ tsp salt
• Freshly ground pepper to taste
• ¼ cup fresh flat leave parsley
• 1 tablespoon fresh leave parsley chopped fine for garnishing.
• 1 TBSP finely grated lemon zest for garnishing.
Bring a large pot of water to boil.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl. Cover to keep warm.
Cooking the Mussels: Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add garlic chilli flakes parsley season with salt and pepper.
Add mussels stir for 2 minutes ad tomatoes and liquid from that was used to cook the mussels and simmer on a low heat making sure you stir the sauce.
In a large pan add a dash of olive oil. Heat and pop the spaghetti in the pan. Give it a quick stir and pour over the Mussel Pasta Sauce. Serve with a little extra flat leaf parsley and the zest of a lemon.