- 2 cups Pams self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup of warm milk
- 2 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 1/5 cups of Pams soft brown sugar
- 175g Pams butter
- 2 egg yolks (reserved from the icing see below) Wisk with a fork
- 3 Tbsp Pams golden syrup
- 2 egg whites (reserve egg yolks for cookie ingredients)
- 2 ½ cups Pams icing sugar – extra if needed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Food colouring
- Lollies to decorate
- Melt butter on stove top. Remove and mix in brown sugar. Add in ginger and sift in flour. Mix well.
- Heat milk and add baking soda mix and ad to mixture – whisk eggs with a fork at add to the mixture along with the golden syrup. Mix well.
- Turn on to a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Place in some cling film and pop into the fridge for approximately 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat Oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Roll out on a floured surface to approx 5mm thick. Cut shapes and place on baking trays.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy fold in icing sugar and lemon ad a drop of food colour place in a icing bag and get ready to decorate!