• Salad – any kind you like, there is no rule, but if i want more of a pepper taste i go for rocket
• Balsamic reduction
• Good quality olive oil
• 15g of butter extra if needed
• Salt and pepper
• 3 tablespoons of honey
• 2 Pears slicked very thin with skin on
• 1 small red onion sliced thin
• Blue cheese – any kind, some prefer the stronger tasting, some prefer more of a creamy influence
In a non-stick pan on low heat, add butter melt and then add in the pears, season with some salt and pepper and cook until soft, you may need to add more butter it will depend on how big your pears are.
Just before removing from the stove, add the honey and cook until the honey has melted. Remove from the stove and set aside.
On a platter place the lettuce leaves, red onion, and dollops of the blue cheese.
Place the pears on top of the salad and before serving drizzle with some balsamic reduction and olive oil.