I love cooking this at Easter time – for me it’s just as special as Christmas! This recipe is easy peasy but has a great twist. Cooking your beef or lamb with a good dash of Marsala wine makes all the difference and a lovely twist to your dish!
- Grab a roast beef or a leg of Lamb
- Cooking time will depend on size
- 3 Cups of Marsala Wine
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- Heap of Fresh Rosemary
- Pams Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 25g Pams Butter
- 1 Onion diced
- Bag of Mushrooms sliced thin
- Pams Cornflour for thickening
- Heat oven to 160°c – I love to cook mine on slow, but everyone is different!
- Before placing your beef or lamb in the oven drizzle with Olive Oil season with salt and pepper and give it a good drizzle of Marsala Wine cover and bake on slow.
- Cook for approximately 2 hours on slow or less time if you like your meat rear – if your preference is rear then turn the heat up
- Once Cooked Remove from the pan reserving any juices.
- Fry up some onions and mushrooms 25g of Pams butter season and cook until soft.
- Pour over the juice and add another dash of Masala wine to thicken this sauce ad 2 tablespoons of cornflour mixed in with 5 tablespoons of water to make a paste add to the Marsala Gravy.