Some yummy Mussel fritters, they don't take long to make!
• 16 fresh mussels
• 1 egg
• 2 Tbsp Flour
• 1 tsp Baking powder
• Salt and pepper
• 3 Tbsp chopped parsley or coriander
• Rice bran oil for frying
• Handy Towels
• Lemon wedges
1. Open the mussels by pouring hot water over them in a bowl, or steaming them slightly in an open pan with a little water.
Remove from the shells and clean, then chop finely or whiz in a food processor, leaving the mixture a little chunky.
2. Place in a large mixing dish. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix and place in the fridge for an hour.
3. Heat the oil gently in a heavy-based frying pan and fry large tablespoons of the mixture until golden brown on both sides.
4. Drain on paper towels and serve with lemon and a yummy salad!