Updated: Mar 10
· 1 cup almonds, peeled
· 1 cup walnuts
· 1 king size block of dark chocolate preferably 70% coco
· 3 heaped tablespoons of coco powder
· 255 g butter
· 100 g caster sugar
· 6 large eggs, separated
DIRECTIONS SEE HOW IT'S MADE
1. Preheat oven to 180c
2. Line the bottom of a 20 or 25cm/8 or 10" tin with a piece of greaseproof paper before buttering the bottom and sides, then dusting with flour.
3. Place the nuts into a food processor and whizz up until finely ground if you prefer or leave them in chopped chunks.
4. Add the chocolate and cocoa, and whizz for 30 seconds to break up the chocolate.
5. Put to one side in a separate bowl.
6. Beat egg whites with small amounts of sugar until pale and fluffy.
7. Beat egg yolks with butter until nice and creamy, then add all the ingredients together. Place in baking tin and bake for approx. 30-45 minutes.